Monday, February 14, 2011

Back at the Firm

Ok so its been awhile since my last post and I wanted to make an update since a lot has happened. Without trying to write everything....God answered my prayer. He spoke in a way that was so clear and obvious that I knew it was him. And he was leading me back to Mattress Firm.

Its where I have the most leverage career-wise, leverage and influence I can use to spread the gospel. I'm not sure what that's going to look like yet, but I've been back for over a week now and I can say that God is really blessing me tremendously! While my sales presentation is a bit lacking and I'm having to relearn how to close ect ect....my prayers are being answered and God is just pouring down blessings. My first two days back I made it to the Top Ten Sellers list in the country!
Definitely a God thing!

I feel so much peace in following where he leads. I don't know exactly what he wants me to do next, as far as career path or anything, but I'm eagerly anticipating whatever he plans to do through me. One great blessing about coming back is my days off.... I really felt strongly that if this was the Lord leading me back then I shouldn't be working on Sundays. However, every Mattress Firm salesman is required to work Sundays, but even more so than that I wouldn't even want to work on Sundays during HUGE sale weekends like Labor Day. Well I can tell you that no salesman in the country gets those Sundays off, let alone any Sundays on a permanent type basis....but I felt strongly about it that if it truly was God leading me back that he'd work it out somehow. Well, he did. I am now the only salesman at Mattress Firm in the country who gets off every single Sunday, no matter what sale, no iffs ands or butts!!!

Amazing, and definitely a God thing for sure!! I also get a half day on Wednesday so I can continue to go to my Small Group! I'm happy to say that after being back for a week now, despite the huge amount of stress the job used to create, I am completely content in the Lord. Its a great thing that I can finally find contentment in something outside of circumstances....outside of my situation....outside of the world. It comes supernaturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment