Thursday, December 2, 2010

Addicted

Is it possible to be addicted to energy?

I've noticed that there seems to be a very strong correlation to my mood and my energy levels. For example, back in high school I was pretty often depressed. I wasn't very active. I didn't exercise much...mainly playing computer games. In college I was pretty much the opposite, very happy. I played basketball everyday, I'd exercise and workout. I wouldn't go one day without some form of physical exertion. And as any doctor can tell you, exercising and being active actually does give you more energy.

When I worked at Mattress Firm I never had time to do anything physical, but I would constantly take caffeine...whether redbulls...coffee...pills, whatever I could get. And I was a pretty happy guy.

Well the past two weeks I haven't exercised much and I hadn't taken ANY caffeine and I'd been feeling kind of down. Then this morning (the reason I had this realization) I had a big dose of caffeine and I feel energized and much much better. I have tons of energy and I feel like my normal self....

So am I addicted to energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment